Welcome to Truffles & Tofu! My name is Joyce and I am so excited to share my vegetarian (lacto-ovo, to be exact) adventures with you. I’ve spent most of my life baking, so I am the first to admit that my cooking skills are not where I’d like them to be. But the beauty of all of these recipes is that they really are easy to make – even for me – and completely, 100% freaking delicious.
When I’m not cooking myself some yummies, I’m eating my heart out at local restaurants (hey, a girl’s gotta eat). I love me some food, and when I find something that makes my belly happy, I love to share it with the world and will be posting all of it right here!
Some fun facts about me:
1. I am a publicist, event planner and contributor to several publications, but food is my number one passion.
2. I’ve been known to bake myself a pie when my sweet tooth attacks. And then I proceed to give all of it away because I only wanted a bite. Sharing is caring, folks!
3. I love to travel. Some of my favorite dishes can only be found on the other side of the world – my mission in life is to authentically recreate them.
4. I cannot be bothered during hockey games, especially when the Kings are playing.
5. Potatoes are my favorite. Tots, fries, baked, mashed. All of it.
6. Whenever I visit a new city, I buy a cookbook, but only if it has a recipe for a dish I devoured.
So that’s me in a nutshell. I look forward to sharing some fantastic meals with you!